You might have come across such situations in which you were unable to access a certain website. There are numerous reasons for such blocked websites. Governments and ISPs block different websites that they consider as inappropriate for the users to visit. This has also be done by different countries around the world, for instance, China has banned many popular social networking sites, certain streaming websites such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, Spotify etc, only available in few countries.
Yet, the Internet users are curious and use several ways by which they can unblock sites on their device. Every browser has different ways of unblocking a page but in this article; we have particularly described how to unblock websites on Google Chrome because it is the most popular browser.
Use VPN (Virtual Private Network)
A VPN is a privacy software that creates a secure tunnel between your device and the internet connection. VPN allows you to surf the website anonymously, encrypts your communications, evades censorship and saves you data from surveillance. It enables you to unblock websites by masking your real IP address with a different location.
In different countries, government agencies block certain websites on the base of internet activities. By Installing a VPN and connecting your desired server location you can unblock websites on chrome. The VPN will route all your internet traffic via an encrypted tunnel. Thus, your data packets will become hard to manipulate, inspect or censored.
Trusted For Unblock Websites with Experience
|1||NordVPN||$3.29 – Per month||72% Off|
|2||ExpressVPN||$8.33 – Per month||35% Off|
|3||PureVPN||$2.95 – Per month||65% Off|
|4||PIA VPN||$3.33 – Per month||12% Off|
The security of your data and internet connection is held by the VPN protocols. These VPN protocols are a set of instructions for security. Protocols use different encryption levels and authentication methods. These approaches result in a different level of security and speed. OpenVPN (UDP, TCP) and L2TP are major protocols which secure the transfer of data.
UDP (User Datagram Protocol): It is used to establish low-latency and loss tolerating connections. It sends short packets of data termed as datagrams into the network with the hope that they will reach the right place.
TCP (Transmission Control Protocol): It creates a direct connection between your sending and receiving the computer. Until the data arrives safely and correctly, the two computers remain connected.
L2TP (Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol): It does not provide encryption on its own instead uses the encryption protocol of the tunnel such as IPSec. L2TP uses an AES-256 bit encryption which is the most secure standard.
NordVPN keeps your online activity private and secure from monitoring. It uses double data encryption (tight security), has speedy servers and automatic kill switch. NordVPN has 1079+ servers in 61 countries with 6 simultaneous connection. It offers 24/7 customer support and does not keep logs.
NordVPN is committed to providing users the Internet freedom with maximum security. It establishes a connection which encrypts all the data packets exchanged between the computer and the internet. NordVPN hides your real IP address and uses advanced techniques to unblock blocked websites on chrome.
- Logless VPN
- Speedy connection
- Double data encryption
- Servers in all countries
- Apps (Mac, Android, Windows and Linux)
5 Steps to Unblock Websites With Comprehensive Privacy!
- Go to NordVPN Site.
- Download and install the compatible VPN Client.
- Activate the VPN account.
- Select the location from Server list.
- Click the Connect button.
ExpressVPN is one of the most outstanding VPN which provides top-notch security with super fast speed. It has 145+ servers in more than 94 countries along with 5-star customers’ support. ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money back guarantee, it means not-satisfied users can ask for a refund. It uses strong encryption and does not keep logs of your traffic.
ExpressVPN believes that everyone should be able to access all websites no matter in which part of the world you are. It is reliable for unblocking websites on chrome because it has security layering with OpenVPN 256-bits of encryption.
- Super fast speed
- Complete anonymity
- Supports Netflix (US)
- Unlimited Server Switching
- Apps (Windows, Mac, Linux and Android)
5 Steps to Unblock Websites Permanently In Seconds!
- Go to ExpressVPN Site.
- Download and install the compatible VPN App.
- Activate the VPN account.
- Select the location from VPN Server list.
- Click the Connect button.
Now, you have evade the restriction imposed by the ISP over the network, it means you have complete rights to access any website by changing the VPN location.
Unblock Website by Altering HTTP To HTTPS
The HTTP is a major communication protocol which allows clients and servers to communicate. It transfers information in the readable text which is a big security concern. However, HTTPS is an encrypted communication channel and a secure way to transfer data between devices.
Websites on chrome can be unblocked by changing HTTP to HTTPS. This method might work on some websites. For instance, such websites who have an unverified SSL certificate, the ones who host their domain on a VPS or Dedicated server environment. Below are the steps to be followed:
- Open your browser and Go to address bar
- Instead of typing ‘http://www.example.com‘, type ‘https://www.example.com‘
- A security message will pop-up if conditions mentioned earlier apply. Click “Proceed anyway” and access the blocked websites.
Unblock Websites from Restricted sites list on Chrome
Most of the times you are unable to open a website, not because it is blocked in your location but due to the reason that it has been blocked on that particular device. The solution to this is to unblock the website on Chrome browser from the restricted site list. You can simply follow the steps given below in order to bypass any restrictions:
- Open Chrome browser and click the menu button check for three lines dots at the upper right corner.
- Click ‘settings’
- Scroll down and look for ‘Show advanced settings’
- In network section click option ‘Change proxy settings’
- Click ‘Security’ tab and then click ‘Restricted sites’ icon
- Now click ‘Sites’ option in order to open restricted sites windows
- Lastly, click the blocked websites from the list and select the ‘Remove’ button; this will unblock the specific website
- Close the restricted sites window by simply selecting the ‘close’ option below and click ‘Ok’ to shut the Internet properties window.
Just by following these simple steps above you will be able to unblock website on Chrome for any device in your home, school or office.
Use Google Chrome Extensions
There are situations where you try to access a website and a notification appears on screen “Access Denied”. You can evade this “Errors” by installing a chrome extension. There are various extensions that are compatible for unblocking websites on chrome browser.
Many chrome VPN extensions available for unblocking websites on chrome. You can download it from Chrome Web Store. Then use for unblocking if you are not much concerned about your online privacy.
ZenMate is one of a chrome VPN extension; it allows the users to surf the web safely with encryption. You can install it by following these steps in order to unblock sites on chrome.
- Go to Chrome Web Store.
- Find ZenMate using the left search bar and click Add To Chrome.
- Now, click Add Extension to appear ZenMate VPN, icon blueon the right top corner of browser.
- For ZenMate Premium click Activate Instantly or free click Get Limited. After completing the process.
- Click Log In. Enter your Email and Password to activate your ZenMate VPN.
- Select the VPN Server of your location.
Now you can access the blocked websites on the similar browser without any restriction, however, it slightly impacts the internet speed.
Use Chrome Proxy
Chrome proxy is an agent between your computer and internet which hides your real location and provides you the access to blocked content or websites. It is completely browser based which means it might not be able to access websites that use non-browser technology. Moreover, Chrome Proxy has limited servers and low-level of encryption.
Proxy servers act like a dumb middle man for your internet traffic. They do not encrypt your traffic between your computer and proxy servers. This may lead to security and privacy issues during browsing blocked content. Thus, it can be concluded that Proxy servers aren’t good for serious tasks as they may be compromised.
On the other hand, VPN encrypt all the traffic and gives a boost to your online security. Nor your ISP neither any snooper will be able to intercept your data. VPNs such as NordVPN and ExpressVPN will unblock the websites with their advanced security features, keeping you anonymous and protected.
Here is how you can setup Chrome Proxy:
- Open Chrome menu.
- Click Settings then scroll down to bottom and click Advanced.
- Select on Open proxy settings from the network section.
- Choose the tab Connections and then click LAN settings option.
- Un-check the Automatic detect settings in the LAN settings, head on to the section Proxy server and click the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- You must have received an IP address of proxy server and port number through a separate email.
- Now, In Address, type IP address of proxy server and then enter the port number in the port section.
- Finally, click OK to close the tab LAN settings and then click OK again so that proxy setting gets saved.
You can now easily surf the web without any restrictions. However, when you will initially visit a web page, you will be asked to enter credentials that you have received in email, depending on your account’s authentication settings.
On contrary, if you want to disable the proxy server then you can repeat the above steps in a similar manner but just uncheck the option ‘use a proxy server for your LAN’ and then recheck ‘Automatically detect settings’ in the LAN settings.
Use Tor browser
Another extremely helpful and reliable solution for accessing block websites is Tor. Tor allows you to browse anonymously and also prevents your browsing habits from tracking as a result enhanced privacy. It is a network of multiples servers that prevents jumbling of data which means that it is an internet browser designed for encrypting military sensitive and private communications.
This can unblock the website and secure your information from being tracked. One drawback of using a Tor browser is the slow browsing speed. Also, many cyber criminals and scammers also use it so a perfect anonymity is not guaranteed.
A blocked website can be accessed in a number of ways, some of the methods are mentioned above. Reasons for blocking the access to a website can be many including distractions of employees, students from their work and countries blocking certain content from citizens. Sometimes it can be useful but it is more of a hindrance during web surfing. Therefore, for a good internet experience, one can use the recommended solutions to unblock the websites.